Farnham Netball Club – 12 Hour Charity Netball Match
Farnham Netball Club just wanted to take this opportunity to pass on our heartfelt thanks to all of you, who so generously supported us in our mad endeavour to play netball for 12 hours straight … and in so doing support our teammates and raise vital funds for MIND and TAMBA.
As you all know, Sunday July 1st was blisteringly hot at St Nicholas’ School in Fleet – temperatures peaked at 31oC! But somehow our two Squads managed to keep the ball and our legs moving all day. We had phenomenal support, with 28 teams from across the South East come to play us, and about 300 spectators through the course of the day. The atmosphere was brilliant, although by the end we were all incredibly tired and emotional (and thirsty!!).
It was, however, so so worth it! This week, we have done the final tot up and the post-event press release has been distributed – which you can read our first bit of coverage here ! Through your support in entering a team, buying food & drink on the day, bidding on those auction items and buying raffle tickets, or donating on our Justgiving page, you have made a considerable contribution in enabling us to raise a whopping … £12,230.00 !!
We have absolutely smashed our original target, so on behalf of Tina, Sam, the two charities and all of us at Farnham Netball Club, a massive THANK YOU to you all!
Farnham Netball Club.
Info on event below…
Farnham Netball Club have set themselves a challenge of playing 12 hours of non-stop Netball on the 1st July 2018 to raise money and awareness for two charities that have deeply affected members of the club.
Within one month of each other two members of Farnham Netball club experienced tragic losses in their lives.
Tina’s 18 year old son Tom took his own life in October 2017 after battling with mental health issues. Tina has chosen to raise money for, MIND, The Mental Health Charity. MIND are working to make sure nobody has to face a mental health problem alone. People need the support from Mind more than ever, and demand for their services is growing as 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem at some point in their lives.
Sam, was pregnant with identical twin boys and was diagnosed with TTTS, a rare but life-threatening condition that affects 10 to 15 percent of identical twins that share a placenta. After undergoing unsuccessful treatment she tragically lost both her boys, Jack & Harley, in November 2017. Sam has chosen to raise money for TAMBA (Twins and Multiple Births Association). Money raised will go towards their Bereavement Support Group and their research into TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome).
How can you help us reach our target?
- Make a donation
- Buy some raffle tickets, £1 per strip. Contact Lesley 07776 241 529
To bid for any of our amazing items below, please simply email: email@example.com with details of your bid and the item you are bidding for. Remember to consider what the item is worth!
Good luck – and thank you for supporting our 12hour netball challenge, MIND & TAMBA.
- Bidders will be updated weekly, as to the current highest bids, enabling you to up your bid in an effort to secure these great prizes. Or, you can of course up your bid at any time!
- Bids will be taken in person on the day of our 12hr challenge and any email bids will be accepted up until 6pm on 3rd July.
- The auction closes at 6pm on 3rd July.
- Winners will be notified within 24hours of the close of the auction. Bank transfers for the full amount must be made within 72 hours thereafter, otherwise items will be offered to the next highest bidder. Please note we do not accept card payments for auction prizes.
- Booze Hamper
- Beauty Hamper
- 2x Tickets Cream Tea Cruise on Basingstoke Canal.
- Camping set: Includes – Easy Camp Tipi Tent – worth £80. 2x Kampa Camping Chairs, Worth £50 each.
- £50 Regatta Jacket – L Ladies
- 4x Bounce Passes @ Air Hop
- Vivienne Westwood Watch worth £250.
- Mens Barbour Watch worth £225 donated by John Goodridge Menswear
- 2x Hair & Makeup Makeovers with Celebrity Hair & Makeup artist
- 2x King Edward Admission Tickets – Ascot Shergar Cup.
- 2x Spa Passes, Four Seasons Hotel, Hampshire
- Lavazza Coffee Machine
- Ticket for 4 people to Topgolf, Surrey
- Manicure & Pedicure by Celebrity Manicurist
- Oral Health Hamper
- Afternoon Tea for 2 at Oakley Hall – Donated by Forest Care, Cedar Lodge Nursing Home.
- 10 free sessions for Fresh Fit
- £40 Jewellery voucher greentea jewellery
- 3 Hour House Cleaning Voucher
- 4 x 1Hr Personal Training sessions at SDR Strength
- £50 Vale Furnishers Voucher
- Voucher for Headmasters Farnham
- £25 Voucher for La Femme Beauty Salon, Farnham
- £100 Amazon Gift Card
- 4x Meal Vouchers for Tortilla
- Free ATAG Boiler Replacement with installation by UK Plumbing Contractors
- Log Burner Installation by David Stanbridge, HETAS Registered Stove Installer of BrushStrokes: Farnham’s Master Chimney Sweep (existing chimney required).
- 1 week in Northumberland Holiday Cottage – week to be agreed. Pegasus Cottage | Craster | Northumbria Coast & Country Cottages Ltd
- 1 Night stay at Four Seasons Hotel, Hampshire x 2
- 2x Tickets to the BTCC at Brands Hatch with Hospitality – 30th Sept. Donated by AUDI.
- 30 minute Family Photo Shoot by award-winning wedding and family photographer Damian Bailey worth £95 (all prints etc charged extra after the shoot)
- 1 Day – Katie’s Kitchen Cookery Course Katie’s Kitchen Farnham cookery courses in Surrey
- £200 Flooring Voucher
- 1 Term of Free swimming lessons – Tadpole Tots (Baby / Toddler) – Worth £200.
- Professional Teeth Whitening at Grayshott Dental
- Fitness Package: 6 Month Free Gym Membership at Alton Sports Centre includes access to gym, exercise classes, pool & health suite. PLUS 3x 30min Personal Training Sessions. Total prize worth £350.
- 1 Night stay at 5 Star Boutique London Hotel, Georgian House
- Signed Scotland Rugby Union Shirt
- Signed Cardiff City Football Shirt – 17/18 Season Championship runners up team